Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Time is Here!

It's here! Ready or not, the time of giving, family, and relentless eating has creeped up! What a joyful time it is for families to sit around laughing and visiting about their goals and aspirations in 2014.

This will be my first Christmas season with MS and I'm putting my big girl pants on and looking forward to sleeping in January. There's no time to be down and sad during the most wonderful time of the year, right?

I've always loved Christmas and even as a 25 year old woman I continue to decorate cookies, with my nephew of course *wink wink* and sing Christmas music before Thanksgiving even makes it's entrance. Why should this year be any different?

It's not, and I won't let it!

Sure, I have the dreaded stress that comes along with every Christmas but, for my health, I'm not letting it bother me. I don't have time for that and neither does my body. I'm pushing forward to keep my focus on what's truly important this season, the birth of our Creator.

This is not the time to mope around feeling sorry for myself, it's a time to praise God for sending his Son to a world undeserving of Him. What love, what hope we have in Jesus.

I am looking at this time of the year as a blessing, with or without MS, and I encourage you to do the same! Look around and count your blessings instead of focusing on what you don't have.

I would love to be able to think straight or feel completely normal, but that's just not an option. I'm not going to take the focus of Christmas off of the Gift of Life we have been given through Christ's birth, death and resurrection and feel sorry for myself.

Whether you struggle with MS or anything else during this time of the year, take a step back and see what gifts you HAVE been given.

That's the best advice I have for a stress-free holiday, don't make it about yourself but rather what it is truly about, Jesus' Birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment